Wednesday 22 April 2015

Baking and Making

With a ball of wool in my hand, I am at my happiest, and feel pretty confident to give anything a go. As far as my kitchen is concerned, I am a self-confessed 'fraidy cat. I love the idea of baking, of wonderful treats and healthy sustaining meals, and as much as I might have the skills to do these things (or so I'm told), I'm rather lacking in the confidence to see it through. So this past weekend I was helper, and chief taste-tester for my husband's wonderful creations. 
I wanted to share recipes, because everything that emerged from the oven was delicious and pretty healthy, mostly organic and almost completely vegan...

Buffalo Falafel - made with chickpeas, onions, garlic, cauliflower and breadcrumbs, and absolutely delicious! (Just a note - the Thug Kitchen blog is lovely but has a bit of choice language, just to warn you in advance...)

Potato Wedges - just cut up and thrown in some oil with some whole garlic and some crushed garlic

Rhubarb Cookies - Fresh Rhubarb from the garden, and coconut and cream cheese. Just lovely! 

Cauliflower Cous-Cous - Salad made with this Yotam Ottolenghi recipe as a starting point, there's grated carrot, courgette, garlic, cauliflower leaves, ginger, peppers... a bit of a "using stuff up" salad. 

We've both been having a look on Pinterest for recipes and hopefully we'll be trying out some other tasty bakes soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooo I'm hungry now!
    It all looks gorgeous! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all delicious! My husband has picked up the Thug Kitchen cook book now and there's lots of lovely recipes in there too!! Exciting!x

      Delete